Born in a Barn
Having seen the television programme for ourselves, we expected the stereotypical red boxes and clinical looking aesthetic, but were instead greeted by a rustic looking barn filled to capacity with symbols. It looks like it belongs in a farming themed slot rather than this one, but we like how unexpected the matrix is; it shows great promise about what’s to come.
What is more, the controls have actually been integrated into the grid rather than placed as a standalone component, like in most of the brand’s titles, and so you get a more seamless experience. Even though the control panel fits in perfectly, it doesn’t blend in so much that you can’t find what you’re looking for; an issue we worried about to begin with, though we needn’t have.
Telephones and the TV show go hand in hand, and so seeing a symbol that captures this isn’t at all surprising, nor is it that it’s a means to access the Factory Bonus. However, what is unexpected is that this is one of many special features rather than the main one. In fact, there are roughly five more on top of this. Talk about spoilt for choice.
When you get three or more of the phone symbols on either the first, third or fifth reels, you’ll be taken to a manic machine that chucks out those red boxes like nobody’s business. It’s chaos in there, but that’s what you get in the Dream Factory…! This machine doesn’t just reward you a prize, but it rewards you one of the other bonus rounds, so you’re experiencing a bonus within a bonus. It’s like Inception.
Spoilt for Choice
Seeing as there’s so many feature games, we can’t possibly squeeze every single one of them into one review without downsizing the information. And so we’ll give you a very brief rundown of each of them, and how we found the experience.
- Mystery Wins: This is one of the more low key levels you can play through. The reels will begin to become covered in bubbles, created by the Dream Factory machine. These will then pop, and symbols will be lined up and revealed to create a winning combination; you’re always guaranteed a victory here.
- Random Wilds: In a similar process to the above bonus, you get bubbles popping all over the place once more, only this time wilds appear. Frankly, there was no need to have two bonuses that do the same job.
- Red Mist: This may sound like a new drug on the streets, but it’s just the fancy name for a free spins round. You begin with a wheel inspired bonus, which then leads into the games you’ve won; not so impressive when you break it down like that, eh?
- Play It Again: Is a free spins system, funnily enough the one linked to Red Mist, allowing you a means of playing a mini version of the real Deal or No Deal to get your hands on those prizes.
- Walk of Wealth: We’re back to bubbles and popping them to get prizes in this level, only this time you’re walking on clouds rather than the 5-reels. Seriously, the bubbles thing is becoming old hat now, but the innovation of this round makes up for that fact.
It’s a Deal!
As you can see from everything we’ve covered, there’s a lot to be getting on with when playing this slot machine. However, dare we say there’s too much happening – there’s no way you can play all those rounds and not get overwhelmed! This won’t be an easy going, laid back experience, that’s for sure.