Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
The Justice League video slot is an upcoming game included in software by Playtech, and is expected to be released at the same time as the Justice League movie: November 17. If you’re not familiar with the concept of the film, it follows a group of heroes including Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, and (in what hardly counts as a spoiler) the iconic Superman as they team up to battle an existential threat to our planet. The game will feature all of these heroic figures, along with what we’re sure will be more than a few video and audio clips from the film itself.
We haven’t gotten our hands on a demo version of this title just yet, but early information suggests that there will be plenty of betting options available, ranging from penny slots settings perfect for low limit gamblers up through some high roller options. We hope that many sites will also allow players to test out a play for free version. The software used by Playtech ensures compatibility with a wide range of devices, meaning you can jump into the action on your Android or iPhone with no download needed to get started.
The JLA Unites
Early information suggests that the Justice League video slot will be a five reel machine with 40 paylines for players to score wins on. In order to earn prizes, you’ll need to match identical icons from left to right across your active lines. All of the featured heroes will be found on the reels, as well as their logos (which we assume will be the lower-value icons). The high-paying superheroes will come in stacked forms that have the potential to cover entire reels.
One of the more frequent features you may encounter is a special re-spin bonus, which can happen at random after any normal round. When this occurs, one of the heroes will become wild, and you’ll get a free play. This can retrigger up to five times in a row, potentially allowing all the members of the team to become wild symbols on the same spin!
Using Your Powers
The best thing we’ve heard about this machine, however, may be how it handles its free spins bonus. There are six separate games to choose from, one for each character that’s a part of the Justice League team. However, you’ll have to unlock these games over time as you play the machine. The games feature different numbers of spins, as well as a “feature frame” over a single position on the reels (this can be expanded in some versions of the bonus). Some symbols that appear in this position will trigger others to become wild, with the rules varying based on the hero chosen. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect from these various features:
- The Flash (15 Spins): If a superhero lands in the feature position, all of their symbols will be wild on that spin.
- Cyborg (12 Spins): Once again, a hero icon in the key position will result in all matching symbols turning wild. However, you’ll get an additional framed spot after each spin that doesn’t result in a hit, increasing your chance of getting wilds.
- Aquaman (10 Spins): This time, any symbol landing in the featured position will turn all matching icons wild.
- Wonder Woman (7 Spins): Again, only a superhero will trigger the matching wilds. However, you can get between one and five featured positions on each spin, greatly increasing your chances of triggering the bonus wild symbols.
- Superman (5 Spins): One more time, any hero appearing in the frame will cause all matching icons to become wilds. However, this time the feature area is a 2×2 section, giving you up to four potential matches on each spin.
- Batman (2 Spins): Designed for maximum variance, should you land any hero in the featured position, you’ll turn all superhero icons wild.
There’s also the possibility of triggering the DC Super Heroes Progressive Jackpot game randomly at the end of any spin. This is a networked jackpot system that spans several Playtech machines, and comes with a variety of prizes including four tiered jackpots, with the grand jackpot naturally offering the largest payouts.
If you’re someone who enjoys online slots and you have absolutely any interest at all in this film, we’re pretty sure you’re going to want to play Justice League when it comes out later this year. This is sure to be one of the top releases of 2017, and thankfully, it looks like the game has all of the elements it needs in order to live up to the hype. The free spins features alone should give the machine plenty of replay value, and the jackpot tie-in ensures that even those who want to win a life-changing sum of money have that shot every time they play. We’ll be sure to provide you with an in-depth review of this highly-anticipated machine once it becomes available.