Cyberstud Poker is a table-based variant of the poker game. The game is a five-card game played with a standard 52 card deck. You do not play against the dealer and there are no wild cards available. The game also has a progressive jackpot. This means that a player can place a bet on the jackpot area of the table and if the player matches a certain hand, they’ll be paid out using in-game odds.
The Cyberstud Poker’s progressive jackpot is a unique selling point for the game – and hence its wider popularity. A flush will give a player a bonus payment whilst a royal flush wins the progressive jackpot in full. All players have to do is place bets on the ante to play a part in the progressive jackpot in Cyberstud Poker.
How to Play Cyberstud Poker
The game is played as follows: The poker hand is the central tenet of Cyberstud Poker; hands of five cards are dealt to the individual player and one to the dealer face-up – this means you can see one of the dealer’s cards. At this point the game starts or ends. You have two crucial opportunities – do you fold or do you place a bet on the table? If you fold, your ante is paid directly to the dealer and the game ends. However, if you decide to play, then it gets more interesting.
Turn of the Player
The dealer will then deal out the outstanding four permitted cards to the player. This makes your hand in full. The rules and play guide is as follows:
- Dealer fails to Qualify – At this point, the dealer must qualify to continue playing. Qualification is based on holding a King and Ace. If the hand doesn’t qualify the dealer must fold and return your bet and ante back in full – plus the banker’s ante.
- A Winning Hand – If you have beaten the dealer then you will win a total sum that equates to your ante in addition to the in-game odds payable for your table bet which is linked to your winning hand.
- Dealer qualifies and wins – If the dealer wins he gets the ante and the opportunity to raise the bet.
- Dealer qualified and loses – If the dealer qualifies but fails to win, the player will then win the entire ante and the progressive jackpot will use the in-game data to pay the sums accordingly.
- Tie outcome – If the dealer qualifies and both player and dealer have anted up, then under a tie outcome the ante and raise is pushed until the next hand.
Hands That Win
The key dynamic of the game is that certain hands win players certain pay-outs. This is a crucial element of the game and requires further discussion. There are certain hands and pairing that are central the game and this a full breakdown of the payout hands:
- Royal Flush – contains ace, king, queen, jack and ten all in the same suit
- Straight Flush – contains five cards in sequence all from the same suit
- Four of a Kind – contains four cards of the same rank and one card of another
- Full House – contains three matching cards of the same rank and two cards of another rank
- Flush – contains five cards of the same suit but not in sequential order
- Straight – contains five cards of sequential order, but not of the same suit
- Three of a Kind – contains three cards of the same rank and two of the other
- Two Pair – contains two cards of the same rank and another two cards of another rank and one random card
- One Pair – contains two cards of the same rank and three random non-ranking cards
- High Card – contains no ranking, sequential or suit-related matches known also as no-pair
These are the key payout hands that players of Cyberstud Poker need to understand.
Differences Between Cyberstud Poker and Caribbean Stud Poker
Caribbean Stud poker is likewise a casino table game whereby the player engages in a competition against the house rather than other players. This is a striking similarity between Caribbean Stud poker and Cyberstud Poker. However, there are differences. Most notably in relation to ante maximums and the showcasing of cards during deals. The vagaries are crucial in understanding the differential outcomes of both Cyberstud Poker and Caribbean Stud Poker as card games.
What to know About Playing Cyberstud Poker Online
The explosive growth of online casino platforms has provided a range of Cyberstud Poker experiences available to players. Find a reputable online gambling platform or casino and experience the thrills of Cyberstud Poker and that enticing progressive jackpot for yourself.