Before the slot game loads, you will get a preview of what the game has in store for you. Two monsters battle each other and hit the fruits and three mysterious blobs bounce on the screen to highlight that there is a bonus game on offer. The reels of the game are bubble gum pink in colour and are situated in a boxing ring. Metal chairs, boxing gloves and various other objects that can be used to hammer your opponent will be situated around the reels. The scene is reminiscent of a WWE match!
The three progressive jackpots sit to the top right of the screen with the control panel to the bottom. Symbols on the reels include; blood-splattered baseball bats, Altomi the yellow furry star, Munchi the blue monster bearing a hammer, Wonic the yellow monster with a ball and chain, Stigal the green floating boxing fly, Bob the one-eyed octopus, watermelons, pineapple, plum, kiwi and three blobby jelly monsters.
To get your hands on one of the progressive jackpots, you will need to trigger the jackpot bonus game. You will trigger the following bonus wheels with the scatter symbols:
- Three scatters will trigger the bronze wheel. Land on the bronze section to trigger the Tasty Jackpot. If you manage to land on the arrow, you’ll progress to the next wheel.
- Four scatters will trigger the silver wheel. Land on the silver section to win the Luxury Jackpot. Should you land on the arrow, you will progress to the final wheel.
- Five scatters will trigger the golden wheel. Land on the golden wheel to win the Dream Chance Jackpot – but if you land on the silver panel, you will win the Luxury Jackpot.
The biggest value symbol on the reels is the scatter symbol – this awards 300x multiplier for five of a kind.
Scatters come in two different forms; blood-stained baseball bat and the golden medal symbol. The baseball bat is the one that triggers the bonus games, with the golden medal triggering the progressive jackpot wheels. Baseball bat symbols will awards the following:
- Baseball bats on reels 1, 2 and 3 will award the Tropical bonus
- Baseball bats on reels 3, 4 and 5 will award the Monster bonus
Free spins are awarded when three blobby monsters land in view with the words ‘Here’ ‘We’ ‘Go’ on each. Five free spins are awarded and you can re-trigger these up to 100 free spins.
Spin in Altomi to get your hands on bonus games where the monsters battle it out to award you with cash. Double Up and Triple Up allow you to effectively double or triple any base game win, but you have to guess correctly to get your hands on extra cash.
What We Think
Monster Smash is a medium to high variance slot machine and it requires a good deal of playing before you get to trigger decent wins. There’s plenty of bonuses on offer and you can win both ways while playing. We found the slot machine to be quite complex at first, so we recommend you try it in demo mode first.